As a theatre director, I have directed in London, New York City (off-Broadway), Chicago, Munich, Vienna and Bangalore, India & a founding ensemble member of Chicago’s, The Gift Theatre: http://www.thegifttheatre.org
New plays are my passion. See WIN: Writers Innovative Network
I am very keen as to developing new work by both emerging and established international playwrights.
As a director, I like to look to unconventional elements for inspiration. With each project, I strive to deliver truth, simplicity and strong design values.
Having worked with several talented and creative artists both nationally and internationally, every engagement has helped hone my skills. My craft demands compassion, collaboration and attention to detail. I seek to inspire individuals to explore their unique talents and to fully trust in themselves as individual artists.
Unique Contributions as a Director Include:
International and National Assignments. Cultural diversity has been my best training; directing performers and collaborating with design teams of various cultural backgrounds.
- The Abingdon Theatre Company, NYC, New Scripts Evaluation
- The School at Steppenwolf Theatre, Chicago, IL
- Award Winning Instructors include: Tina Landau: Viewpoints, Anna D. Shapiro: Scene Study, Frank Galati: Script Analysis, Rhondi Reed: Ensemble Building, Austin Pendelton: Everything Theatre.
- Observership: American Buffalo by David Mamet, directed by Amy Morton, Steppenwolf Theatre, Chicago.(duration six weeks)
- Sanford Meisner Method: Sally Johnson, NYC., Mary-Anne Thebus, Chicago., Janet Wilson, Richmond, Virginia. (10+ years)
New York Internships: Naked Angels and The Ensemble Studio Theatre
- Yale Summer Cabaret, Yale University, New Haven, CT – Assistant Director
Bachelor of Arts with distinction from Mary Baldwin College, Staunton, Virginia
Senior Thesis Published.
Pursuant of Masters in Dramaturgy
German (Working Knowledge)
- SDC: Society of Directors and Choreographers, New York City. Full Member
- Founding Member, The Gift Theatre, Chicago IL 2001-present
- ETOPiA Productions: Northwestern University, Chicago, IL